Employment Authorization

Employment Authorization


If you are currently in the United States and wish to obtain a temporary work permit, John J. Hykel can help you. There are countless categories for individuals to qualify and apply for employment permission. Eligible aliens may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Mr. Hykel will help you through all aspects of the application process to ensure your success, including helping determine the type of visa you need.

Types of visas fall into several categories and can include many types of workers, such as multinational executives; individuals with advanced degrees; workers with extraordinary ability in art, science, education, business or athletics; and skilled workers and professionals. Categories include, but are not limited to:

  • Asylee/Refugees, their spouses and their children;
  • Nationality categories, including Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
  • Certain foreign students, including F-1 students seeking optional practical training (opt) in an occupation directly related to studies; F-1 students offered off-campus employment under the sponsorship of a qualifying international organization;  F-1 students seeking off-campus employment due to severe economic hardship; and other statuses;
  • Eligible dependents of employees of diplomatic missions, NATO or international organizations;
  • Spouses of exchange visitors with certain regulation;
  • Certain family-based nonimmigrants;
  • Persons within the adjustment-of-status categories; and
  • Other eligible categories.

If your application is approved, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will issue your EAD (employment authorization card). The card is usually valid for one (1) year and can be renewed each year.

Please contact the law offices of John J. Hykel by telephone or email for a consultation regarding your eligibility for employment authorization.

In-Office Consultation

Realizing Your Dreams for a New Life in the United States