Naturalization and Citizenship

Naturalization and Citizenship



Naturalization is the way a non-citizen can attain their dream of U.S. citizenship. The privilege of U.S. citizenship requires allegiance to the United States and in return, a citizen will enjoy many benefits, including voting, holding public office and reuniting with family. Many permanent residents become naturalized citizens every year. It is essential to have an experienced attorney to guide you through the process of naturalization. John J. Hykel has over 20 years of experience in immigration and citizenship law and has helped thousands of individuals achieve naturalization and citizenship.

As for the US, you might qualify for Naturalization if:

  • You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements;
  • You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen;
  • You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements;
  • Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.

It is also possible to qualify through other paths to naturalization. You may also already be a U.S. citizen and not need to apply for naturalization if your biological or adoptive parent(s) became a U.S. citizen before you reached the age of 18.

Although a five-year residency period is required before U.S. citizenship can be obtained, a shorter residence period is applicable for citizen spouses and military personnel to qualify for naturalization. John J. Hykel handles all aspects of naturalization and citizenship and will help guide you through the process. He also handles citizenship for adopted children and children born abroad of U.S. citizen parents or a single U.S. parent.

Call or email us today for a consultation.

In-Office Consultation

Realizing Your Dreams for a New Life in the United States